In this tutorial, we will create a flash sale promotion using a 20% discount coupon with a short expiration date. Flash sales are perfect for increasing the urgency of your offers and improving your conversion stats.
- Upload products into Voucherify via API or manually.
- Create a campaign with a discount coupon for 20% with a short expiration date.
- Add product-based validation rules to the campaign.
- Launch manual email distribution to all customers.
Flash sales can be run as unique codes or a fixed public code available for all customers.
You don’t need to import your product catalog to Voucherify to run product-based campaigns. You can include your products ID as metadata in the API calls.
If you would like to build a flash sale based on a specific product variant, create a product SKU in the next step. If not, save the product and move on to build a coupon campaign.
Create a coupon campaign
Define the main features of your unique codes:
- Campaign name.
- Auto-update (enable/disable).
- Customers can join only once (one customer can receive only one code from this campaign).
- Category & description.
- Code redemption limit (1).
- Code count (how many codes should Voucherify generate).
- Code pattern.
In the next step, decide the time frame of your campaign. This step is crucial as flash sales revolve around proper timing. You can set multiple time limits on your coupon codes:
- Start and expiration date.
- Coupon codes are valid only in a particular timeframe (e.g., for 3 hours every day).
- Coupon codes are valid only on selected days of the week.
- Coupon codes are valid only after X number of days after publication (e.g., a customer has 2 days to redeem the code after getting it in the mailbox).
Next, choose the type and value of the discount.
In the case of percentage discounts, you can set up the total discounted amount to protect your margins.
Add validation rules
You can also decide that if customers have more items in the cart, the discount will be applied only to selected products and not the whole order. This type of redemption limit is essential, especially in the case of percentage discounts.
Move on to deliver codes to the customers. Voucherify offers multiple ways of sending codes to customers and an API endpoint for assigning codes to specific customer profiles. To deliver codes to customers, you can use a built-in messaging mechanism or 3rd party integrations.
Send codes to customers
Go to the Distribution tab and hit plus (+) to create a new distribution.
Choose Successfully published as your trigger.
Here are the next steps:
- Name the distribution.
- Choose purpose – Send and issue unique codes from a campaign.
- Select the campaign used in the distribution (the one we've built in the previous step).
In the next step, select proper marketing consents or disable consents verification. Then, move on to choosing the channel and provider.
In this case, we will use email and Voucherify as the message provider. You can also use 10+ messaging integrations.
Note that you can combine and use multiple channels at once.
You can choose between the default template and a configurable flyer with more customization options, such as colors, CTAs, social media buttons, and more.
Save the email campaign and set it live.