BOGO promotion [different products]
Visit this article to learn about BOGO promotion for the same products. This tutorial will show you how to launch BOGO (Buy One Get One For Free) promotion for different products.
What are we going to do? 🤔
- add two products to Voucherify [perfume and lipstick]
- launch a BOGO campaign with special validation rules [applicable_to and cart_contains]
Add your products [perfume and lipstick] 💄
To add a product visit Products tab → Create a product [plus]
The first step is to provide some details of the product that you'd like to add - name, source id, and a price.
The next step is to add product attributes that allow you to create different variations of the same product [SKUs]. For example, if you offer t-shirts, you can create an attribute "size" and later on create different SKUs - S T-shirt, M T-shirt, XL T-shirt, etc. 👕
For the purpose of our guide, you can skip this step and also add or omit to add metadata to the product in the last step of the product creation.
Save the product to confirm ✅
Repeat this step and add a lipstick.
Launch a campaign 🚀
You can create a BOGO promotion in two versions:
- the bulk of unique codes that are sent to customers via distribution that are redeemable only of customers meet the discount criteria;
- or you can launch an automatic promotion without codes that are going to be applied automatically if a customer meets the discount conditions.
Whichever option you choose, the validation rules you're going to use are going to be the same.
Let's create a bulk of unique codes campaign
Go to the Campaigns tab → Create a campaign (plus) → Bulk Codes Campaign.
1. Next, provide some details on your campaign - name, voucher count, code pattern (optional).
2. Define the timeframe (optional) and select the type (amount, percentage, or unit) and value of the discount.
3. This step is crucial as it is here where you should establish proper validation rules to create desired buying circumstances. In our case, customers who have both a perfume and a lipstick in their cart will receive the lipstick for free.
4. Add optional metadata in the last step and SAVE your campaign ✅
Well done 🎈You've just launched a BOGO Campaign.
Now, all thats left is send unique codes to your customers and inform them about your discount 📧
Go here to learn how to do that 🤔or watch a video tutorial below:
Also don't forget to visit our blog 🖊️