Anniversary gift card campaign
Anniversaries are an important part of building loyalty and trust in both inter-personal relationships and sales 🎂
With this tutorial, you are going to learn how to launch a simple anniversary campaign that can be modified to week/month/year time frames.
What are we going to do?🤔
- Create a customer segment based on created date criterion.
- Launch gift card campaign for orders above $250.
- Set the automatic distribution of gift cards to customers.
Create a new customer segment 🙍
Go to the Customers tab and after naming your segment, define its criteria.
To create an anniversary segment, you need to select 'Created date' as your criterion and then specify what time period should make the customer eligible to join the segment.
💡 You may create a number of different anniversaries and follow-up emails based on ' Created Date' criterion, such as :
- weekly anniversary - the created date is exactly 7 days ago,
- monthly anniversary - the created date is exactly 30 days ago,
- yearly anniversary - the created date is exactly 365 days ago [variation selected for the tutorial],
- a follow-up email after 3 months - the created date is exactly 90 days ago.
Launch a gift card campaign 💳
Go to the Campaigns tab → Create a Campaign (plus) → Gift Vouchers→ Bulk Codes Campaign.
In the next step, name your campaign and provide other information (voucher number, auto-update campaign*, code pattern)
Next, define the optional time limits. Go here to learn more 💡
Then, establish gift credits value - 100$.
Here, you should also establish validation rules to make sure that only selected customers are eligible to use the gift card.
These are the rules that we've chosen for our use case ⬇️
Customer segment is "1-year anniversary"
Valid only for orders above $250
By using this rule, you ensure that the voucher is redeemed by the same person that it was published for (sent).
In the last step, provide optional metadata to your campaign.
Set live automatic distribution 📧
Go the Distributions tab → Create Distribution (plus).
Choose Automatic Message as we want to automatically send messages to customers who are going to celebrate their yearly anniversary with your brand.
Then select the goal of your distribution, i.e. sending unique gift card codes from 1-Year Anniversary Campaign.
Next, select the trigger for the message send-out. In our case, it's a customer entering the segment that we have created in the first step of this guide. Go here to learn more about the distribution manager 💡
You should also segment your audience based on marketing permissions 🔓
Then, title your message.
The 5th step involves several points:
First, choose email as your marketing channel.
You can use Voucherify as your email provider or use your own.
Next, proceed to design your mail.
- Use the Preview Option to make sure that the email is going to look the way you want it to.
- Use variables to include codes, customer name, and other unique customer attributes in your message to make it feel more personal.
- Try adding an image or play with colors to make sure that your email stands out.
- Optionally create email reminders to notify your customers about unredeemed vouchers. Grab some reading on that.
Here's an example of an email that you can create in just a minute 😍
Well done! Now your customers can celebrate your anniversary by going shopping 🛍️
Please visit our Help Center to learn more about Voucherify and its features 🤓
Visit our blog for top articles on B2B marketing ✍️