Order Paid Coupon
In this tutorial, we will create a thank you coupon for all customers who made an order in our store.
- Create a unique coupon campaign for 10% off orders above $150, redeemable once per customer.
- Add order-based validation rules.
Design a visually-stunning email using Voucherify editor.
- Launch an automatic distribution for all customers triggered by an event [order has been paid].
Create a coupon campaign
Next, define the main features of your unique codes:
- Campaign name.
- Auto-update (enable/disable).
- Customers can join only once (one customer can receive only one code from this campaign).
- Category & description.
- Code redemption limit (1).
- Code count (how many codes should Voucherify generate).
- Code pattern.
We highly recommend checking the Auto-Update box to ensure that Voucherify will automatically extend your campaign with new vouchers if you run out of codes. This way, you don't have to worry about the number of generated codes – new ones will be generated automatically if needed.
In the next step, define the time frame of your campaign.
The next step of the coupon creation process is crucial as it is here where we're going to establish the type and value of your discount. Besides, it is here where you can set up proper validation rules to model the desired coupon redemption circumstances.
Build validation rules
Choose the following rules:
- The order has to be equal or above $150 for the coupon to be valid.
- The coupon is redeemable only once per each customer – a great measure to protect your campaign against coupon fraud.
Validation rules are a great way to customize your campaign and protect yourself from coupon misuse. Visit this page to learn more about them and about the customization possibilities they offer.
Name your validation rule to reuse it in future campaigns and save it.
The last step is to add optionally metadata to your campaign for improved reporting and tracking.
Send codes to customers
Choose the message trigger – Order has been paid.
Here are the next steps:
- Name the distribution.
- Choose purpose – Send and issue unique codes from a campaign.
- Select the campaign used in the distribution (the one we've built in the previous step).
Also, notice that you should segment your audience based on marketing permissions you can create in Voucherify to ensure that all your correspondence takes place in accordance with GDPR and other private data-related policies.
In the next step, select proper marketing consents or disable consents verification. Then, move on to choosing the channel and provider.
In this case, we will use email and Voucherify as the message provider. You can also use 10+ messaging integrations.
Note that you can combine and use multiple channels at once.
You can choose between the default template and a configurable flyer with more customization options, such as colors, CTAs, social media buttons, and more.
Here's an example of an email message you can create:
Confirm the distribution and enjoy more repeat sales.