Redeeming vouchers at brick-and-mortar vendors
Let's learn how to redeem vouchers at different brick-and-mortar vendors using merchant tracking and Voucherify mobile app🏬
What are we going to do?🤔
- Integrate your store with Voucherify to take advantage of the full potential of the platform.
- Generate unique discount codes with 14 days expiry date.
- Create a customer segment for customers from company X.
- Launch manual distribution to customers X segment.
- Redeem the codes and see different ways to go about it (access levels, tracking, mobile app, widget)
A customer orders a seasonal box from company X and pays for the purchase. Then s/he gets an email with the discount codes that can be redeemed in different vendor stores. A vendor can redeem the codes of a user in two different ways:
- By inviting a vendor to your account in Voucherify as a merchant with access only to redeeming codes in a given project. In this way, s/he will be able to view the codes in the Dashboard. After viewing the code, he assigns a customer to a given code and then redeems it.
- An alternative way is the usage of our mobile app in a vendor’s brick and mortar shop. Once a customer comes to the shop, s/he provides a shop assistant with a QR code (previously received by email), the shop assistant scans the QR code using our app, then assigns the purchase to a given customer and redeems it. The discount is applied.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE 👇🏻
1. Integration with Voucherify
The basic version of Voucherify enables you to exploit the platform manually via the Dashboard e.g. you can track your codes for redemption 📈
To expand the full possibilities of the Voucherify platform, you should integrate it via API with your own platform. We provide technical documentation which supports the whole process. Campaigns may be also designed and created directly through the dashboard.
2. Generation of unique voucher codes
There are two possible ways of obtaining codes for your campaign.
Firstly, Voucherify enables you to generate unique voucher codes for the campaign. You should choose to create a time-sensitive bulk of unique codes which provide customers with their unique vouchers. The campaign may be set, e.g., for a month and the validity of codes for 14 days (an exception see point 10). It means that after these 14 days customers won’t be able to redeem codes anymore. Additionally, there will be generated an automated email with a reminder when the campaign will be coming to an end. As validation rules set the redemption of a voucher to one, a particular customer can only use a code once.
Another validation rule is to set the audience. In order to do that there should be created a static customer segment with all the customers that have already subscribed for the seasonal box. The list may be incorporated in the form of CSV file or directly via API.
Secondly, codes may be also imported from your partners via the CSV file. You can do this operation directly through the Import Tool in the Dashboard. In this case, you can download your vouchers using various attributes such as redemption, category, voucher type, start date and so on. Vouchers may be imported directly to the existing campaign.
You are also able to download the CSV file with the third-party codes via API integration.
3. Voucher Codes matched to Members 👩🏼
A. CSV list with customers is uploaded to Voucherify(A) and the Segment with all the users is created (B).
- To create a segment you need, add your customers to Voucherify first. Customers can be imported with CSV in the dashboard or synced with your CRM using the API. If you use Salesforce, you can connect your CRM using built-in integration.
B. Please remember to choose the Auto-update segment. In this segment, you can take advantage of built-in filters to gather customers who meet certain criteria. Moreover, the segment updates automatically, it means that every time a customer meets the criteria, s/he is added to the segment. You can find more information on creating segments and adding attributes here.
4. Creating a voucher template for each Experience sold ✉️
In order to distribute codes, you can use a built-in email template. You should choose distribution from the dashboard and then manual messages. Emails are going to be sent to the already created list of customers. In the next stage, you should choose the audience - customer segment, define the title of the message, and design your own email content. Mind that you should include also a QR code to be able to scan it via Voucherify mobile app in case of redeeming codes in brick and mortar shops.
5. Sending Digital Vouchers to members 📤
Please mind that in the Voucherify platform, you need to create distribution first and then design your email template with the codes included (standard and QR). The above template is designed in the 5th Step of creating a Distribution.
Once the Distribution is created, codes are going to be delivered via email to a particular segment of customers.
Please keep in mind to choose the Manual Message* option so you are able to send the codes to multiple users at once (to users from the already created segment).
*What's the difference between manual and automatic messages?💡
6. Members Redeem vouchers on a vendor website 💸
As mentioned at the beginning there are two possible ways of redeeming codes.
The first one includes inviting a vendor to the account as a merchant with access only to redeeming codes in a given project.
The basic step for this alternative is to set a new role of Merchant in the project for each vendor by the Admin. This option is accessible from the Dashboard. You have to choose tab Team Settings and move to the Team as shown in the guide.
When you have created Merchant roles the process of redeeming codes is available. Mind that Merchant’s Dashboard is restricted only to some options as it is used mainly for the redemption process.
The customer enters their code on the Vendors platform and then the code may be redeemed by the vendor who has to click on the present icon and then type manually promotional code.
In order to enable the customers to redeem their codes from the emails, there should be created an API integration which is a custom feature. However, Voucherify provides technical documentation for making the process of integration smooth 📕
You can also apply our built-in widget which may be directly implemented on the website. The documentation on this topic can be found here.
The second approach is to use Voucherify mobile application for scanning and redeeming the code in the Vendor's brick and mortar shops right at the counter. You can learn more about the app here 📱
7. Vendor: Vendor tracks redemptions 📊
The redemption tracking can be done via our Dashboard with a built-in tool for tracking redemptions. Once you choose a campaign you would like to monitor, you will be provided with detailed information about your campaign. You are also able to export the selected information about your campaign in the CSV format.
(Integration with the system via API)
8. Vendor: Unredeemed vouchers list sent to company X ➡️
Voucherify Dashboard enables you to monitor your campaign on different levels. You can track vouchers that are created, published, sent or redeemed. There is also a possibility of uploading the CSV list with all the information such as unredeemed vouchers. You can do it via API in 4 simple steps as described here.
9. Voucher reminder emails sent out to Members ➡️
If you would like to remind your customers that they have not redeemed the code yet, you can set a reminder email with a specific date and message (in the 5th step of Distribution).
More information here.
10. Vouchers reach redemption period - “Expire” but still hold purchase value ⏰
As an Admin you will be able to extend the validity of the code either per code or for the whole campaign. Firstly, the Vendor can manually activate/deactivate unique vouchers without expiry dates but assigned to a particular customer. It may be also done through API.
Thanks for reading, we highly recommend you to check out some of our other use cases to see how Voucherify works in practice 😊
Don't forget to visit our blog: