Auto-applied discount for a specific product variation [SKU]
From time to time you may want to base your discounts on the contents of your customer's shopping cart 🛒 The contents may be understood as total order amount, total price exceeding certain value or cart containing a specific product. The latter is what we are going to see in practice today 🤩
This tutorial will show you how to launch SKU (product variation- specific campaign) to boost sales on particular product variation, in our case raspberry ice cream🍦
What are we going to do? 🤔
Adding products 🍦
1. Products can be added to Voucherify manually or via API. In this tutorial, we're going to show you how to add a new product via Dashboard.
Our company sells ice cream - we are going to add fruit ice cream [product] with two variant: raspberry [SKU] and strawberry [SKU]
To start go to the Products tab and add a new product with a plus ➕
2. First, provide your product details (name, source_id, price, attribute and an) 🔍
Note: you can change the currency of the campaign in your Projects Settings 💱
As you can see our new product, doesn't have any SKUs, i.e. variants. We want to create two versions of our fruit ice cream - raspberry and strawberry flavors 🍦
Note that only SKU name is mandatory, the remaining fields may remain empty - they are going to have the same attributes as the main product.
7. Hit Save to confirm your ice cream variants.
Now, Ice Cream comes in two SKUs - raspberry and strawberry one 😍
Creating a promotion 🔧
1. Go to the Campaigns tab, hit plus and choose Promotion as the type of your campaign ➕
2. First provide some general details on your campaign, such as name and timeframe (optional) 🔍
3. Next, establish discount levels - in our example, we are going to create only 1 level of promotion. Go here to learn more about multi-tiered promotions 💡
Here you have to decide what type of discount (amount, percentage, unit) you'd like to offer and what message should be displayed to customers whose carts meet the promotion criteria 🛒
Next, establish the criteria for a discount - without this step, all customers are going to receive a discount.
We want our 20% discount to be available only for those customers who decided to buy ice cream. But not just any ice cream - the raspberry variant that we've created in the previous step.
The last step in a summary of your campaign. Confirm the Campaign with SAVE and that's it! 🎉
Don't forget to visit our Help Center to learn more about features that Voucherify offers 💡
Also, check out our blog ✍️