Auto-applied discount for a specific product variation [SKU]
From time to time you may want to base your discounts on the contents of your customer's shopping cart 🛒 The contents may be understood as total order amount, total price exceeding certain value or cart containing a specific product. The latter is what we are going to see in practice today 🤩
This tutorial will show you how to launch SKU (product variation- specific campaign) to boost sales on particular product variation, in our case raspberry ice cream🍦
What are we going to do? 🤔
Adding products 🍦
1. Products can be added to Voucherify manually or via API. In this tutorial, we're going to show you how to add a new product via Dashboard.
Our company sells ice cream - we are going to add fruit ice cream [product] with two variant: raspberry [SKU] and strawberry [SKU]
To start go to the Products tab and add a new product with a plus ➕
2. First, provide your product details (name, source_id, and price) 🔍
Note: you can change the currency of the campaign in your Projects Settings 💱
3. Now, you have to introduce an attribute corresponding to variants. It'll be filled with different values when creating particular variants.
4. Save the product when ready. Now, in the Products tab, you should see the newly added product [ice cream].
As you can see our new product, doesn't have any SKUs, i.e. variants. We want to create two versions of our fruit ice cream - raspberry and strawberry flavors 🍦
5. Click on ice cream and hit edit to add two new variants of the product.
6. After clicking edit, go to SKUs and provide some information on your new variants - name, source id, price, and an image 🔍
Note that only SKU name is mandatory, the remaining fields may remain empty - they are going to have the same attributes as the main product.
7. Hit Save to confirm your ice cream variants.
Now, Ice Cream comes in two SKUs - raspberry and strawberry one 😍
Creating a promotion 🔧
1. Go to the Campaigns tab, hit plus and choose Promotion as the type of your campaign ➕
2. First provide some general details on your campaign, such as name and timeframe (optional) 🔍
3. Next, establish discount levels - in our example, we are going to create only 1 level of promotion. Go here to learn more about multi-tiered promotions 💡
Here you have to decide what type of discount (amount, percentage, unit) you'd like to offer and what message should be displayed to customers whose carts meet the promotion criteria 🛒
Next, establish the criteria for a discount - without this step, all customers are going to receive a discount.
We want our 20% discount to be available only for those customers who decided to buy ice cream. But not just any ice cream - the raspberry variant that we've created in the previous step.
The last step in a summary of your campaign. Confirm the Campaign with SAVE and that's it! 🎉
Don't forget to visit our Help Center to learn more about features that Voucherify offers 💡
Also, check out our blog ✍️