Fixed Christmas code
Learn how to create a public discount code for Christmas!🎄
- attract new customers
- increase brand awareness
- share coupon across a dozen of channels
- A/B test your offers
What are we going to do?🤔
- create a fixed code with a custom code format [with CHRISTMAS prefix] and custom validation rules:
- redeemable once per customer,
- valid only for orders above 150$,
- create manual email distribution to all customers
Here's how to do it ⬇️
- To create your code, go to the Campaigns tab and hit Plus ➕. Then choose Standalone Code as your campaign type ➡️
Then provide some general details on the campaign - some description, category, code redemption limit (if any) and a code pattern. You can ask Voucherify to generate a random code for you or create your own custom code. Go here to learn more about custom codes 🧐
- In the next step decide on the timeframe of your campaign - start and end date, validity timeframe and more.
The next step is crucial as it is here where you are going to set the type and value of your vouchers and certain limitations on our code, namely:
- we want our code to be valid only between December 20th and December 29th,
- we want our code to be redeemable once per customer,
- we want our code to be valid only for orders above 150$.
In the last step, you can add some additional information on the code using metadata. Go here to learn more 🧐
Well done! 🎊 The fixed code with custom validation rules is ready to be shared with your customers!
Let your customers know about your campaign! 👩👨
Now that you've creates the code, you need to let your customers know about it. You can use a number of different channels, such as SMS, email, live chat, social media, print, etc. For the sake of this guide, we are going to choose a manual email message.
- To begin, go to the Distributions tab and create a new distribution by clicking the plus ➕
- Select a manual message. You can also make it automatic if you want to send the code to customers who joined your brand while the campaign is running. Go here to learn more about the differences between these two distribution modes 🧐
- The purpose of your message is to send your code (not a bulk of unique codes!) - send the message without coupons as you do not have any unique codes for particular customers, but rather one shared voucher 💡
- Now, choose your audience. If you haven't created any customer segments yet, this is the time to do it.
- Send your message to the customer segment "All customers". You can also group your customers by marketing permissions. Go here to learn more 🧐
- In the next step, title your message.
Finally, select your channel and design your mail.
💡Creating a Customer Segment in a nutshell
Go to the Customers tab, name your new segment and select what criteria customers should meet to be included in the given segment.
We decided to create a segment called "All Customers" with a criterion that the created date can have any value meaning that all your customers, no matter the period of time they've been with you, are going to receive your message.
Confirm the segment with SAVE.
- Use the Preview Option to make sure that the email is going to look the way you want it to.
- Use variables to include codes, customer name, and other unique customer attributes in your message to make it feel more personal.
- Try adding an image or play with colors to make sure that your email stands out.
- Optionally create email reminders to notify your customers about unredeemed vouchers. Grab some reading on that.
Note: All emails are going to be sent via Voucherify by default, but you can also use your own custom domain as an email provider. Click here to learn more details 🧐
Here's an example of an email that you can create. Make sure to include your fixed code in the message and wish your customers Merry Christmas!🎄🎄🎄
Great job! 🎊 Confirm the distribution with SEND.
Don't forget to visit our Help Center to learn more about Voucherify and its features.
Also, make sure to check out our blog where you will find pieces such as: