Fixed Christmas Code
In this tutorial, we are going to create a Christmas public discount code. The codes will be multi-use and shared with all customers via a customized email message.
- Create a fixed code with a custom code format.
- Set validation rules based on the order amount.
- Create a customer segment for all customers.
- Launch manual email distribution to all customers.
Creare a fixed code
Then provide some general details of – description, category, code redemption limit (if any), and a code pattern.
You can ask Voucherify to generate a random code for you or create a custom code tailored to the occasion.
By grouping fixed codes into categories, you get an excellent tool to monitor which campaigns bring the biggest ROI.
The Christmas code will be valid only between December 20th and December 29th. You can define the coupon validity timeframe in the second step.
Besides selecting the start and end date of the campaign, you can also:
- Select specific days when the coupon will be active.
- Make the code active only in a selected timeframe (e.g., every Friday between 6 and 8 pm).
Define validation rules
The next step is crucial – here, you are going to set the type and value of your voucher and define redemption limitations:
- The code will be redeemable once per customer.
- The code will be valid only for orders above 150$.
In the last step, you can add some additional information using metadata. In the fifth step, analyze the summary of the code and hit Save to activate the code.
Create a customer segment
Name your new segment, and select what criteria customers should meet to be included in the given segment. We decided to create a segment for all customers with a criterion that the created date can have any value meaning that all your customers will receive your email with the public code.
You can reload the customer list to see how many customers meet the segment criteria. Don't forget to save the segment.
Launch an email distribution
Now that you've created the Christmas code and a customer segment for all customers, you need to let your customers know about it. You can use several different channels, such as SMS, email, live chat, social media, print, 3rd party apps, etc.
For the sake of this guide, choose a manual email message.
To begin, go to the Distributions tab and create a new distribution by clicking the plus (+). Select the manual message from the list of available message triggers.
Name your distribution (1), select the purpose (2) and your target audience (3).
In the second step, select marketing consents for sending email messages. You can manage your marketing consents with Voucherify through Project Settings. You can also disable the consent verification.
Finally, select your channel and design your mail. Keep in mind that you can combine multiple channels and send the code via SMS, email, and push notifications in your app.
Design your message using either a simple template or a configurable flyer with more customization options.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use the Preview Option to make sure that the email will look the way you want it to.
- Use variables to include codes, customer's name, and other unique customer attributes in your message to make it feel more personal.
- Try adding an image or play with colors to make sure that your email stands out.
Here's an example of an email that you can create. Make sure to include your fixed code in the message and wish your customers Merry Christmas.
See the summary and confirm the distribution with Send (manual message) or Set Live (automatic distribution).