Show each of your new customers that they matter to your business. Send a manual/automatic personalized message with a welcome coupon to customers who joined you last month 📅
What are we going to do? 🤔
- Upload your customers’ data into Voucherify via CSV file. Go here to learn more.
- Create a customer segment for all customers who joined you in October. Click here if you want to know more about customer segmentation.
- Create a campaign with a discount coupon for 20% off only for specific customer segments, redeemable once per customer.
- Launch automatic email distribution to the specific customer segment. Learn more about distribution.
What you’ll need? 📦
- CSV file with your customers’ data or API Integration with your CRM platform. If you only want to test the platform, you can also upload several of your customers manually.
Your CSV file should look like this ⬇️
Note: You can add more information in your CSV files, such as phone number, postal code, metadata, and description.
Here’s how to do it 💡
First, go to the Customer tab and upload your customers’ data via a CSV file.
After uploading the file, map the fields in your CSV to predefined or custom fields in Voucherify so that the name in your CSV file corresponds with customer’s name in Voucherify 🗺️
Now, that your customers are in Voucherify, you can create a new customer segment 👨🦰
Our segment is for those customers who joined our company in October. That’s why we’ve set certain time conditions, namely, all customers who joined us between September 30th and November 1st are going to be automatically assigned to this customer segment 🤖
It’s time to create discount codes that we’re going to send to our new customers.
Go to the Campaigns tab, hit plus and create new Bulk Codes Campaign ⬇️
First, provide the name of your campaign, define how many vouchers you'd like to generate and optionally define the code pattern ⬇️
💡 Make sure to check the Auto-Update box to make sure that in case you run out of the original pool of codes, new vouchers will be automatically generated.
Proceed to define time limits. Go here to learn more.
Then, create a percent discount for 20% off. Here, you can also set the maximum amount of a discount to secure your promo budget 🚓
In the next step, set limits (validation rules) on the coupon redemption. We want our vouchers to be:
- redeemable only for customers who joined your company in October
- redeemable once per customer
Great job! Now, we're ready to deliver welcome 20% off vouchers to our customers 🎉
Go to the Distributions tab and choose a manual or automatic distribution. What's the difference?🤔
We chose Automatic Distribution because October still hasn't finished and there may be new customers joining us this month. However, if October finished, you could go with a manual message as no new customers will be added to this segment.
Later, select the Distribution purpose (Sending unique codes from our "Welcome Coupon" Campaign); next, choose your audience. Our messages will be triggered by a customer entering the "October" customer segment.
Next, title your message and finally choose the messaging channel you'd like to use. Voucherify supports omnichannel coupon delivery which means that you can use many channels at once to reach your customers.
As we're only starting out with the platform, let's go with email message 📧
Go here to learn more about email distribution and customization possibilities.
Then design your message.
- Use the Preview Option to make sure that the email is going to look the way you want it to.
- Use variables to include codes, customer name, and other unique customer attributes in your message to make it feel more personal.
- Try adding an image or play with colors to make sure that your email stands out.
- Optionally create email reminders to notify your customers about unredeemed vouchers. Grab some reading on that.
When you're ready, confirm the distribution with SET LIVE. Now, the customer currently in the "October" customer segment and those who are yet to join your brand will be automatically sent a 20% off welcome coupon! 🎉
Please visit our Help Centre to learn more details on coupon campaigns and distributions.
Also, don't forget to check out our blog with pieces on email and incentive marketing ⬇️